Indian golfer Sharmila Nicollet is raring to go at the Deloitte Ladies Open after her recent success at the Turkish Airlines Ladies Open at Antalya, where she finished tied 17th. Sharmila, the only Indian at the Ladies European Tour (LET), is playing in the prestigious tour for a second successive year and will compete against some of the top lady golfers in the world. The 250,000 euro ...
Tasmania’s tourism industry is set to take another hit, according to industry leaders, who claim the government’s decision to cut tourism funding could restrict growth in the tourism-dependent state. This week the government proposed a one-off commitment of AU$1 million for joint marketing with air and sea carriers, however, the budget does little to counteract the 45 percent ...
While tourist numbers to Egypt have risen in the first four months this year, a full recovery would not be likely until at least 2014, according to economist forecasts. The number of travellers visiting Egypt in the first four months of 2013 rose 11.8 percent from a year earlier, after falling by a third in the year after the uprising revolt, Reuters reported. Tourism revenue rose 16.2 ...
For decades, Sun's self-designed residence, a two-storey building with arches on the ground and top floors, has attracted countless visitors from around the world as part of the Sun Yat-sen Memorial ...
Those looking to depart from convention in Paris usually head for the Left Bank. No one goes to Avenue des Champs-Elyses, on the Right Bank, looking for revolution. But, cast back 100 years ago this week, and the Thtre des Champs-Elyses was the venuefor some radical departures from choreographic ...
28°C Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the ESE at 14 MPH
The Astronaut's Wife [DVD]
"The Astronaut's Wife" is essentially an inferior variation on "Rosemary's Baby" (1968) dolled up in modern science fiction drag. The same basic themes are there, the same essential fears--that is, a woman's fear that the baby she is carrying inside her is somehow not her own. The lack of control a mother has over her body, the joy and terror of having another life growing insider her--these are ... ...
Each week we invite three companies to offer ustheir best deal for a specific break. Today: a coastal escape to the northern Italian region of Liguria. Prices are per person, based on two sharing. Each package includes a week's accommodation and flights from Gatwick in ...
Simon Calder is Travel Editor at Large for The Independent, writing a weekly column, various articles and features as well as filming a weekly video diary. Every Sunday afternoon, Simon presents the UK's only radio travel phone-in programme called The LBC Travel Show with Simon Calder (97.3 FM). He is a regular guest on national TV, often seen on BBC Breakfast, Daybreak, ITV News and Sky ...
Presenter and former tennis professional, Annabel Croft, will provide analysis for British Eurosport HD's coverage of the French Open (26 May to 9 ...
International arrivals to the UAE increased healthily in 2012, reaching an estimated 11 million tourists delegates heard at the latest WTM Vision Conference - Dubai.Overall performance of inbound trips to the Middle East region were down 5% last year mainly due to the decline of arrivals to those countries hit by the Arab Spring, which took place in 2011 effecting countries such as Saudi Arabia, ...
By Thomas Ochieng API Kenya 21/5/2013 Kenya is in pursuit of harnessing sport tourism and the honor of underscoring this initiative has been bestowed on the Sotokoto Safari Marathon. The ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Thistle Charing Cross
I had stayed at this hotel once before, some years previous, so was looking forward to a new review. The ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Jamaican TimesJamaican Times – Authoritative News about Jamaica
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Jamaican Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Jamaican news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Jamaican news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Jamaican news, the weather forecast for Jamaican you'll find it all in the Jamaican Times.
From Montego Bay to Kingston, the Jamaican Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) president Dave Cameron says "character and focus" are the main factors that have driven West Indies middle order batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul to reach the milestone of 300 first class matches.
The 38-year-old achieved the rare feat appearing for Derbyshire against Sussex in the English County championship, reports CMC.
"On behalf of the Board of Directors of the WICB and the entire West Indies cricket fraternity, I would like to offer my sincerest congratulations to Shiv on this momentous occasion," said Cameron Saturday.
"His character and focus have helped him to earn this landmark and he should never let those qualities fade away."
Only six men in the history of the game have reached the landmark of 300 first class appearances.
They are Denis Compton, Sachin Tendulkar, Garfield Sobers, Ranjitsinhji, Graeme Hick and Barry Richards.
"He continues to impress us all with his durability and appetite for the game, and we urge him to keep up the good work," said Cameron.
"He is a living, breathing example of determination for any young player and we salute him on reaching another milestone in his illustrious career."
The Guyanese batsman has now scored 22,139 first class runs and has a high-score of 303.
- Canadian Businessman on Trial in Cuban Corruption Crackdown
- Beyonce shares anniversary pics of controversial Cuba trip with Jay-Z
- Cuban FM to arrive in India on May 25
- Key dates in the history of Guantanamo Bay detention centre
- Cuba and Vietnam Strengthen Bonds in Higher Education
- Golfer Sharmila set for Deloitte Ladies Open
- Backlash against tourism budget cuts
- Egypt tourism recovery forecast for 2014
- Suns former residence to be tourism center
- Isle of Capri to open new Pa. casino July 1
- Taylor Swift likes smart comfortable wear
- Amanda Seyfried was happy with big bosom
- Jennifer Aniston to play stripteaser in Were The Millers
- Eisenberg imbibes stage confidence from mother
- I learnt magic tricks from mother Jesse Eisenberg
- Spot-Fixing row Sports Minister says my head hangs in shame today
- ESPN lays offs some of its employees to control costsAmendedESPN EmployeeUpdate
- DC comics win court case over Melbourne gyms Superman workout
- ESPN layoffs hundreds of employees as TV rights fees rise Re-issue with correction
- Think you can be an on-air sports host The Fan radio station hopes so too
- Soaring temperatures can affect quality of pills Doctors
- DC comics win court case over Melbourne gyms Superman workout
- Liberace role meant so much after cancer battle says Michael Douglas
- Find how fit you are for your age
- Novel concept advances development of universal flu vaccine
- Drone strikes are legal and extend to US citizens as well, says Obama
- Two civilians among 13 dead in Pakistan car bomb
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Meeting of Syrian opposition leaders begins in Istanbul
- Taliban influence in Afghanistan to grow Russian agency
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Jamaican Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Jamaica 0-0 Tottenham Spurs stalemate soured by Walker injury
- Kingston leads BMW PGA Championship
- Kingston leads at Wentworth as big names falter
- Kingston has first-day lead on European Tour
- Garcia Signs Off With Eagle as Kingston Leads PGA