In another cyber-attack Twitter and Financial Times (FT) website have reportedly been hacked. An online group called the Syrian Electronic Army supporting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad had followed a phishing attack on Financial Times' mail accounts, Stuff.co.nz reports. According to the report, the hackers have taken control over Twitter account of a news organization where 200 million ...
Australian Test batsman David Warner may reportedly lose his place in the squad for the prestigious Ashes tour following his Twitter outburst. According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Warner may now have to face a Cricket Australia code of behaviour hearing to explain why he should still be allowed on the upcoming Ashes series. Warner launched a blistering attack against two of the Australian ...
Australian Test batsmen David Warner is likely to be charged with detrimental public comment for his Twitter outburst under Cricket Australia's (CA) code of conduct, delivering a setback to his leadership aspirations. Condemning Warner, CA's high-performance chief Pat Howard had confirmed that Warner will be disciplined after using the social networking site to launch a savage attack on cricket ...
Cricket Australia (CA) is investigating a Twitter rant by cricketer David Warner, who launched a scathing attack on reputed Australian cricket writers Robert Craddock and Malcolm Conn. "CA is aware of comments made on David Warner's twitter account overnight. CA is attempting to contact Warner and will continue to investigate the matter. CA will make further comment once it has conducted a ...
An Australian has been charged under anti-terrorist laws for issuing a how-to list on Facebook for how young men can engage in holy war without getting killed or ending up in Guantanamo Bay. Zaky Mallah had travelled to Syria and lived with the rebels engaged in the bloody civil war against Muslim hardliner President Bashar al-Assad. He has posted some top tips for joining jihad and ...
27°C Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the NW at 2 MPH
What would it be like if you could record your experiences? What if you could literally replay segments of your life over and over again, never letting them fade away? Or, what would it be like if you could live other people's experiences? To maintain status as a decent citizen, but know what it feels like to rob a bank or engage in an orgy without having to actually do it, and risk paying ... ...
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has revealed that the search engine is in talks to acquire Tumblr for a billion dollars, and enter the premier league of social media. Mayer said she is in talks with Tumblr's David Karp about the deal that would potentially add 15 billion page views a month to Mayer's hoard and restore Yahoo's popularity. CNN reports, the biggest problem of Yahoo is having advertisers. ...
After committing to Kansas on Tuesday, mega prospect Andrew Wiggins made a big mistake. He sat down in his coach's office, pulled out his cellphone and checked immediate Twitter reaction to his decision.Wiggins could be seen shaking his head and mumbling in disbelief as he read the ill wishes expressed by some fans of the losing schools in the recruiting race: Florida State, North Carolina ...
CHICAGO – Seeking to keep pace with changing technology, Illinois toughened penalties Saturday for those who use social media and text messaging to organize violent "flash mobs" like those that have occurred on Chicago's Michigan Avenue and in other tourist areas. Gov. Pat Quinn signed legislation doubling the maximum prison term for offenders to six years. The legislation ...
Here's one that falls into the category of "Things Nobody Tells You Before Kids" -- Being a parent requires tremendous stamina. Seriously, if someone had informed us of how much chasing was involved, we might have at least done some extra cardio-training pre-pregnancy. And moms on Twitter this week were quick to point out how much running around they do, either after speedy ...
Two Palestinian journalists said they were detained and questioned this week by the Palestinian authority, despite a promise to respect freedom of the press. One of the journalists, a documentary filmmaker, said he was forced to reveal the passwords to his personal email and Facebook page, the Jerusalem Post reported. Haroun Abu Arrah said he was questioned for more than 2 hours by agents of ...
On the record
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Hyatt Regency Almaty, Kazakhstan
The Hyatt Regency Almaty is a near new luxury hotel situated in the central business district of Almaty near the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Jamaican TimesJamaican Times – Authoritative News about Jamaica
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Jamaican Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Jamaican news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Jamaican news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Jamaican news, the weather forecast for Jamaican you'll find it all in the Jamaican Times.
From Montego Bay to Kingston, the Jamaican Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Sprint legend Usain Bolt has announced that he will compete at the Diamond League meeting in Zurich in August.
The Jamaican runner confirmed his appearance at the meet in a statement on the International Association of Athletics Federations' website Monday.
Bolt says he is eager to return to Switzerland's largest city, as he loves the electric atmosphere at the stadium.
"I am excited to go back to Zurich," he said in a statement on the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) website.
"I love the electric atmosphere at the stadium and both the competition and the events during the week of the meeting are always extremely well-organised."
The fastest man on the planet says he will decide whether to run the longer or shorter sprint nearer to the time of the meeting August 29.
Bolt's appearance will be his first outing after the World Athletics Championships in Moscow from August 10-18, where he will be hoping to regain the world title he lost to training partner Yohan Blake in Daegu, South Korea, in 2011.
Bolt won last year's 200-metre at Zurich in 19.66 seconds.
- Cubana de Aviacion Reinforces its Fleet With a New AN-158
- Endemic Bird Festival to Run Today in Cuban Semi-desert
- Judo Cuba Wins Six Titles in Pan American Cup
- Cuban Projects Tackle Food Sustainability and Climate Change
- Visually Impaired Children Hold their First Artistic Festival
- UAE is top MidEast performer for tourism receipts
- Tourism promoters hoping for nice summer
- Airlines claim hike in navigation charges is unjustified
- China Southern Airlines or Hainan Airlines to have 1st Boeing Dreamliner
- SeaWorlds Antarctica could further tilt Orlandos tourism market
- Driving Safely While Aging Gracefully
- Greying China taps rural elderly to care for those even older
- Moorpark workshop to offer seniors advice about legal documents
- Seniors enjoy breakthrough season for Butler track team
- Elderly mom shoots kills drunken son in self-defense during gun battle deputies say
- Pregnancy wont affect Knowles performances
- George Michael out of hospital
- Mariah Careys rep slams American Idol lip-synching rumors
- MJ threatened my life if I snitched says ex maid
- George Michael hospitalised after car crash
- The Hangover actor engaged
- Saudi woman scales Everest summit as country warms to women in sports
- Sports Briefing | Track and Field Jamaicans Capture Sprint Races at Diamond League Meet
- Sports Briefing | Basketball Mike Krzyzewski Could Coach United States Team
- Sports on the air
- Missile launched from North Korea
- Iraq seeing more violence
- Mobile phones can be tracked says US judge
- Sex assaults convince top general to take action
- Gay marriage can now take place in France
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Jamaican Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Sports Briefing | Track and Field Jamaicans Capture Sprint Races at Diamond League Meet
- Help Lennox meet Jamaican grandparents
- Littleton youth reflects on service trip to Jamaica
- Jamaicans sweep sprints at Diamond League meet
- Carmelita Jeter injured Jamaica dominates Diamond League sprints