ALBA -1 submarine cable, which connects the island with Venezuela, according to Doug Madory of internet analysis firm Renesys. Madory told The Associated Press that he detected new traffic between state-owned telecoms monopoly Empresa de Telecomunicaciones de Cuba (ETECSA) and Cable & Wireless Jamaica beginning 13 May 2013. 'They’re gaining some physical diversity there, so if ...
Tory McPhail's Best of Show, Savory recipe from Commander's Palace is three parts, including the marinated, smoked pork, a rice accompaniment and the drink, agua fresca. McPhail writes that the agua fresca is better if it marinates in the fridge several days. The recipe can be easily halved. Jamaican Jerk Pork, Island Paella and Agua Fresca Makes 14 ...
A Georgia woman is behind bars in Kosciusko County after she was accused of being a "mule" in a "Jamaican lottery scam". Kosciusko County Sheriff's Department detectives drove to the state of Georgia last week and arrested 74-year-old Joanna Karene McCrary on two counts of felony money laundering and two counts of felony theft. K.C.S.D. Detectives initially began the ...
Darren Mattocks for their next two Major League Soccer matches, but will crucially have him available for the second leg of the Canadian Championship final against the Montreal Impact on May 29 before he departs. The five-times-capped 22-year-old has linked up with the Jamaican national team for a training camp in the Bahamas as the Reggae Boyz prepare for June's World Cup qualifying ...
BOSTON – A Dorchester man who works at a Jamaica Plain School has been held on $10,000 cash bail after being charged with trafficking ...
29°C Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the ESE at 10 MPH
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
Someday, some ambitious graduate student in film studies will write a doctoral dissertation about the hair on Will Ferrells chest and stomach. In virtually every movie in which he appears, its on display at some point, and its a visual wonder on par with a car wreckyou just ca ... ...
Kosciusko County Sheriff's detectives drove to Georgia last week and arrested Joanne McCrary, 74, Calhoun, Georgia, on two counts of felony money laundering and two counts of felony ...
Laois manager Justin McNulty has named his side for Sunday’s Leinster Championship clash with Louth and Donie Kingston has been included in the starting XV. Kingston withdrew from the squad last year to travel in the USA and also had issues with McNulty during this year’s Allianz League campaign as he felt he was not getting enough game time. McNulty has named an experienced side ...
From left: Finance Minister Dr Peter Phillips, Jan Kees Martijn, head of the IMF delegation, and Bank of Jamaica Governor Brian Wynter at the press conference held at the Ministry of Finance yesterday afternoon. - Gladstone ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Thistle Marble Arch Hotel
The hotel is an old building, in fact there are neon signs on an adjacent, seemingly unused warehouse which is ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Jamaican TimesJamaican Times – Authoritative News about Jamaica
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Jamaican Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Jamaican news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Jamaican news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Jamaican news, the weather forecast for Jamaican you'll find it all in the Jamaican Times.
From Montego Bay to Kingston, the Jamaican Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) president Dave Cameron says "character and focus" are the main factors that have driven West Indies middle order batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul to reach the milestone of 300 first class matches.
The 38-year-old achieved the rare feat appearing for Derbyshire against Sussex in the English County championship, reports CMC.
"On behalf of the Board of Directors of the WICB and the entire West Indies cricket fraternity, I would like to offer my sincerest congratulations to Shiv on this momentous occasion," said Cameron Saturday.
"His character and focus have helped him to earn this landmark and he should never let those qualities fade away."
Only six men in the history of the game have reached the landmark of 300 first class appearances.
They are Denis Compton, Sachin Tendulkar, Garfield Sobers, Ranjitsinhji, Graeme Hick and Barry Richards.
"He continues to impress us all with his durability and appetite for the game, and we urge him to keep up the good work," said Cameron.
"He is a living, breathing example of determination for any young player and we salute him on reaching another milestone in his illustrious career."
The Guyanese batsman has now scored 22,139 first class runs and has a high-score of 303.
- Beyonce shares anniversary pics of controversial Cuba trip with Jay-Z
- Cuban FM to arrive in India on May 25
- Cuban parliament leader says ties with Russia under full expansion
- Obama to limit drone strikes restart Guantanamo closure
- Cuba bridgade information session
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Golfer Sharmila set for Deloitte Ladies Open
- Turkish Airlines open flight to Lankaran
- Sequestration to impact Memorial Day travel
- Crying baby preferred to smelly adult on flights survey says
- I learnt magic tricks from mother Jesse Eisenberg
- Chinese artist Ai Weiwei rages against state abuses in Dumbass song
- Rediff.com reports fiscal 2013 fourth quarter and year-end results
- Madonna recalls meeting Kim Kardashian as a baby
- Dannii Minogue struggled with life in spotlight after sister Kylie rose to fame
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- ESPN lays offs some of its employees to control costsAmendedESPN EmployeeUpdate
- DC comics win court case over Melbourne gyms Superman workout
- ESPN layoffs hundreds of employees as TV rights fees rise Re-issue with correction
- Lifestyle Suffering of fistula patients
- Breakthrough research shows Vit C kills drug resistant TB
- Liberace role meant so much after cancer battle says Michael Douglas
- Find how fit you are for your age
- Novel concept advances development of universal flu vaccine
- Fish oil supplements may help cut risk of diabetes heart disease
- Twister that hit Oklahoma caused $2 bn in damage
- FBI kill Florida man known to Boston bombing suspects
- US Senate panel clears key immigration reform bill
- Iran allows eight candidates for presidential race
- North Korean special envoy visits China to win confidence
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Jamaican Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Jamaica branch of Cuba-Venezuela cable goes live
- Jamaican Jerk Pork Island Paella and Agua Fresca recipe
- Woman behind bars for “Jamaican lottery scam”
- Vancouver Whitecaps must make do without Jamaica-bound Darren Mattocks
- Tutor Arrested For Receiving Package Of Meth At Jamaica Plain School