West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) president Dave Cameron says "character and focus" are the main factors that have driven West Indies middle order batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul to reach the milestone of 300 first class matches. The 38-year-old achieved the rare feat appearing for Derbyshire against Sussex in the English County championship, reports CMC. "On behalf of the Board of Directors of ...
Down the stretch: Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce (right) leads as Carmelita Jeter grabs her thigh during the women's 100-meter race at the Diamond League competition in Shanghai. | ...
Jamaica has imposed additional duties on lube oil product from Trinidad and Tobago, accusing the oil rich twin island republic of engaging in a scheme to circumvent the rules of origin in the Treaty of Chaguaramas, governing the Caribbean Community (Caricom).Industry, Investment and Commerce Minister Anthony Hylton told parliament the scheme was brought to the attention of the Portia Simpson ...
New York police said they were looking for an unidentified gunman who shot and killed a teenage girl Saturday as she boarded a city bus in Queens. The 14-year-old victim was on her way home from a birthday party at a neighborhood club when someone on the sidewalk opened fire on the bus at a stop in the Jamaica section of the borough. The girl, whose name was not released, was struck in the ...
The deal: Hotel Principe di Savoia in Milan is offering "The Wonders of Lake Maggiore" package that takes guests through the Lombardy region and Italian ...
28°C Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the ENE at 7 MPH
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back [Blu-Ray]
One of the running gags throughout Kevin Smiths fifth and (supposedly) final Jersey movie, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, is that it is a dumb idea to make a movie centered around Jay and Silent Bob. The whole movie is a kind of outlandish, self-reflexive, ... ...
Jamaica dominated the sprint races at the Diamond League meet in Shanghai, with Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce winning the ...
A Holbeach St Marks teenager plans to cut her long red hair to fund a trip so her two-year-old brother who has leukaemia can meet his Jamaican ...
For April vacation this year, the Senior Youth Group from First Church Unitarian of Littleton, went to Jamaica with Amizade, a global service-learning organization. Eight youth and five adults traveled to Petersfield where we stayed with families and learned their culture and way of life, helped at the local schools, and did a public service project. The Senior Youth Group discussed this ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Waldorf-Astoria Hotel New York
I clambered up the stairs with my luggage whilst two bell attendants chatted away. I entered the huge lobby of ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Jamaican TimesJamaican Times – Authoritative News about Jamaica
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Jamaican Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Jamaican news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Jamaican news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Jamaican news, the weather forecast for Jamaican you'll find it all in the Jamaican Times.
From Montego Bay to Kingston, the Jamaican Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) president Dave Cameron says "character and focus" are the main factors that have driven West Indies middle order batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul to reach the milestone of 300 first class matches.
The 38-year-old achieved the rare feat appearing for Derbyshire against Sussex in the English County championship, reports CMC.
"On behalf of the Board of Directors of the WICB and the entire West Indies cricket fraternity, I would like to offer my sincerest congratulations to Shiv on this momentous occasion," said Cameron Saturday.
"His character and focus have helped him to earn this landmark and he should never let those qualities fade away."
Only six men in the history of the game have reached the landmark of 300 first class appearances.
They are Denis Compton, Sachin Tendulkar, Garfield Sobers, Ranjitsinhji, Graeme Hick and Barry Richards.
"He continues to impress us all with his durability and appetite for the game, and we urge him to keep up the good work," said Cameron.
"He is a living, breathing example of determination for any young player and we salute him on reaching another milestone in his illustrious career."
The Guyanese batsman has now scored 22,139 first class runs and has a high-score of 303.
- China sweeps Cuba in basketball series
- Cuban Tourist Center with Record Number of Visitors
- Cuban Hobnobs With Chris Paul In Vegas
- Raul in Caracas for Inauguration of President Maduro
- Machado Ventura Meets with Deputy Prime Minister of Belize
- Shikaras in Kashmir to promote culture and tourism
- Airlines offer big discounts for domestic flights to Hainan during off-season
- Two airlines to open this fiscal year in Iran
- US- Airlines decrease total losses to USD552m in Q1
- 2013 Bula Fiji Tourism Exchange pronounced best ever
- David Beckham loves styling daughter
- Brown has soft spot for Tran
- Bhubaneshwar hosts rock concert to preserve heritage art
- No commercials TV channel starts broadcast in Russia
- Denmark wins Eurovision song contest 2013
- Did The Oprah Winfrey Show make O.J. Simpson snap
- Hindu temples Bollywood and a Yemeni citys India ties
- The Hangover actor engaged
- Man dies in suspected gas explosion in Nottinghamshire house
- Whiskey distillery to open in the heart of the Lake District
- New colonoscope could revolutionize colorectal cancer screening
- Berlusconis bunga bunga parties featured nuns and nurses but no sex
- Angelina Jolie to play own mum in new biopic
- Darker skin also prone to skin cancer
- Medical aid on sail - documenting the boat clinics of Assam
- Virginia hikers hit by runaway car
- Israel concerned Russian arms will reach enemies
- Syrian bomb disposal experts on high alert
- Iranian spies die in dawn hanging
- Texas takes on large oil firms
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Jamaican Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Wet Indies board chief lauds Chanderpaul for rare landmark
- Jamaicans sweep Diamond League sprint titles Jeter pulls up injured
- Jamaica uncovers ‘scheme’ involving Petrotrin oil products
- NYPD hunts gunman in fatal bus shooting
- Deals Jamaica and Milan