Around 50 Shikara boats in Jammu and Kashmir lined up in the renowned Dal Lake on Sunday to participate in a race, which was organised to showcase the culture of the state and promote tourism in the valley. The participants in the race, comprising of owners and operators of Shikaras, said boat racing was a prominent attraction in the region 20 years ago, but had faded over time. "This ...
The airline currently has a backlog of 21 Boeing airplanes on order Boeing has delivered a 777-300ER extended range plane to Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia), marking the latest milestone in its longstanding relationship with the airline and the kingdom.The airplane, the first-of-its-type to be fitted with a three-class cabin configuration, was delivered to the airline at a ceremony in ...
Boracay Photo by Don Lejano/INQUIRER.net ILOILO CITY, Philippines -- Hotels and resorts on Boracay Island have been reeling from the cancellation of bookings of Taiwanese tourists amid the diplomatic row following the killing of a Taiwanese fisherman by Filipino coast guards, according to travel operators. Henry Chusuey, chair of the Boracay Foundation Inc. (BFI), said several resorts catering ...
Hey, want to go to Europe? How does about $400 to Dublin sound? That's the round-trip price including all taxes and fees and yes, it is on an airline you've actually heard of (Delta). Just one problem: The fare was only available back in 2009. I know because I just reviewed our historical archives plus the front pages of the airline's website as they existed back in 2009. ...
NASCAR has held races in almost all of the lower 48 states throughout its history. Some were flops or faded from memory, but others have withstood the test of time and through the decades only the occasional repaving job has been done to these monolithic structures. Here's 10Best's top 10 list of the greatest American racetracks worth traveling to see. Las Vegas Motor SpeedwayOne of ...
29°C Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the NW at 7 MPH
"Lake Placid" is a silly, jokey, utterly forgettable but not unwatchable creature feature about a 30-foot crocodile that has apparently swum all the way from Asia and taken up residence in a secluded lake in Maine. ...
Dancers perform for the opening of the China Tourism Day and the 3rd Western China Tourism Industry Expo, in Chongqing, Southwest China, May 19, 2013. Chongqing is the main venue for the 2013 China Tourism Day. (Xinhua/Li ...
The UAE topped the Middle East region for international tourism receipts in 2012, according to data released by the UN's World Tourism ...
PARKERSBURG - Local tourism officials are anticipating a strong showing for the approaching summer travel season.. With attractions like Blennerhassett Island and the West Virginia Motor Speedway to a number of special events, fairs and festivals throughout the summer to the opening of the Boy Scout's Summit Bechtel Reserve in southern West Virginia, the area is poised to see a number of ...
Air NZ ranks amongst world's safest airlines Airways New Zealand will up its charges from July, a move airlines say is uncalled for and could impact on tourism. The state owned enterprise announced the 10.6% increase in air navigation service charges yesterday, saying the changes reflected its pricing framework. But the Board of Airline Representatives says the price hike follows ...
CHINA Southern Airlines or Hainan Airlines will receive China's first Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft within weeks, a senior official of Boeing China said ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Waldorf-Astoria Hotel New York
I clambered up the stairs with my luggage whilst two bell attendants chatted away. I entered the huge lobby of ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Jamaican TimesJamaican Times – Authoritative News about Jamaica
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Jamaican Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Jamaican news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Jamaican news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Jamaican news, the weather forecast for Jamaican you'll find it all in the Jamaican Times.
From Montego Bay to Kingston, the Jamaican Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) president Dave Cameron says "character and focus" are the main factors that have driven West Indies middle order batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul to reach the milestone of 300 first class matches.
The 38-year-old achieved the rare feat appearing for Derbyshire against Sussex in the English County championship, reports CMC.
"On behalf of the Board of Directors of the WICB and the entire West Indies cricket fraternity, I would like to offer my sincerest congratulations to Shiv on this momentous occasion," said Cameron Saturday.
"His character and focus have helped him to earn this landmark and he should never let those qualities fade away."
Only six men in the history of the game have reached the landmark of 300 first class appearances.
They are Denis Compton, Sachin Tendulkar, Garfield Sobers, Ranjitsinhji, Graeme Hick and Barry Richards.
"He continues to impress us all with his durability and appetite for the game, and we urge him to keep up the good work," said Cameron.
"He is a living, breathing example of determination for any young player and we salute him on reaching another milestone in his illustrious career."
The Guyanese batsman has now scored 22,139 first class runs and has a high-score of 303.
- Cuban ‘Chico’ Hernandez was star of 1938 Bloomers
- Cubana de Aviacion Reinforces its Fleet With a New AN-158
- Endemic Bird Festival to Run Today in Cuban Semi-desert
- Judo Cuba Wins Six Titles in Pan American Cup
- Cuban Projects Tackle Food Sustainability and Climate Change
- Shikaras in Kashmir to promote culture and tourism
- Boeing delivers first-of-its-kind plane to Saudia airlines
- Dubais Jumeirah announces tie-up with Aston Martin
- Saudi airline eyes US Canada after 777 delivery
- A luxury cruise from heaven
- Elderly pedestrians struck by car in Parkville
- 2nd Bronx Suspect In Elderly Mans Chain-Snatching Arrested
- Video China turns to age-old solution for rural elderly
- Film training will focus on issues for aging gays
- Up to 60 people injured after elderly driver ploughs into Virginia parade
- Bhubaneshwar hosts rock concert to preserve heritage art
- No commercials TV channel starts broadcast in Russia
- Denmark wins Eurovision song contest 2013
- Miley Cyrus swatted again
- Mel C daughters second choice Jessie J comes first
- Did The Oprah Winfrey Show make O.J. Simpson snap
- Hindu temples Bollywood and a Yemeni citys India ties
- The Hangover actor engaged
- Sports Roman Abramovich to pay over £30m for Wayne Rooney
- Sports CHELSEA are set to sell Fernando Torres
- Virginia hikers hit by runaway car
- Israel concerned Russian arms will reach enemies
- Syrian bomb disposal experts on high alert
- Iranian spies die in dawn hanging
- Texas takes on large oil firms
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Jamaican Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Wet Indies board chief lauds Chanderpaul for rare landmark
- Deals Jamaica and Milan
- Sports Briefing | Track and Field Jamaicans Capture Sprint Races at Diamond League Meet
- Help Lennox meet Jamaican grandparents
- Littleton youth reflects on service trip to Jamaica