A new Twitter account that re-imagines Taylor Swift as a feminist has amassed 80,000 followers in six days The account, FeministTaylorSwift (@feministtswift), is the brainchild of self-proclaimed feminist and Taylor Swift fan Clara Beyer, who is the senior linguistics major at Brown University, ABC News reported. She studied the pop star's lyrics with a feminist slant while addressing issues ...
With the growing mobility of internet, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg discussed potential partnership with Samsung company's president Shin Jong Kyun during Mark Zuckerberg's Asia tour. According to Bloomberg report, the partnership would reportedly focus on advancing mobile-advertising sales. Facebook has been strongly encouraging advertising on mobile. In April, Facebook Home had been ...
Helen Flanagan was held hostage by armed raiders at her 2.8million dollars home after divulging on Twitter that she was home alone as her boyfriend was away on holiday. The former 'Coronation Street' star was traumatised by the late-night ordeal hours after she tweeted that she was missing her beau, Scott Sinclair, the Sun reported. She reportedly told a friend that she could have been ...
Facebook employees have given bizarre answers to a question posted by a question-and-answer website Quora. Quora created, edited and organized by its community of users, had asked a question 'worst thing about working at Facebook' to which the social media giant's employees gave varied and interesting answers. The responses included praise for the free food and drinks prepared by renowned ...
Internet corporation Yahoo has followed the league of technological companies in publishing reports about 'snoop data' requests made by the US government. According to the Guardian, Yahoo has revealed that it had received 12,000-13,000 requests, inclusive of criminal, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), and other requests by the government between 1 December 2012 and 31 May ...
29°C Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the ESE at 14 MPH
Semi-Pro spends most of its time trading on good will that it doesnt really earn. Not surprisingly, producer-turned-director Kent Altermans basketball comedy relies most heavily on the presence of Will Ferrell playing another variation on the same character that has been his bread and b ... ...
The Australian Defence Force (ADF) has been hit with another round of scandal when some of its serving and former personnel were found to be linked with sexist and anti-Muslim posts on Facebook pages. In the earlier scandal, some of the ADF personnel including senior officers who called themselves the 'Jedi Council' were recently involved in a sex email affair, which was perceived as even ...
Australian soldiers found to have posted demeaning comments about women on two Facebook pages will be charged under the Australian Defence Force Discipline Act, according to ...
View Photo Reuters/Reuters - An actor in police costume mock-arrests Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom (L) as he launches his new file sharing site "Mega" in Auckland January 20, 2013. REUTERS/Nigel ...
On June 15, 2013, Marilda Ros, head judge at a Caracas court, issued a precautionary measure prohibiting Mara Lourdes Afiuni (a judge who was jailed pending a criminal suit) from speaking to the national and international media and expressing herself on social media. This prohibition was issued within the framework of the decision of granting her parole on account of health difficulties. Jos ...
It genuinely surprises me to see there are still some that seem to believe that investing in social media is risky business. Why would a company not want to know exactly what customers think of their brand and products? Being able to reach into the minds of your customers is no longer a mere figment of marketers’ imaginations. It’s a reality. As is the ability to learn what your ...
On the record
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Le Meridien Noumea, New Caledonia
This deluxe hotel is reputedly the finest in New Caledonia. The drive from Tontouta international airport is 45 minutes and ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Jamaican TimesJamaican Times – Authoritative News about Jamaica
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Jamaican Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Jamaican news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Jamaican news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Jamaican news, the weather forecast for Jamaican you'll find it all in the Jamaican Times.
From Montego Bay to Kingston, the Jamaican Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Olympic and World Champion Veronica Campbell-Brown has denied knowingly taking a banned substance Lasix, which also goes by the name Furosemide.
Brown's first public reaction came in the form of a statement released by her On Track Management (OTM) group following reports that she has tested positive for the banned drug.
The OTM statement says Brown is determined to clear her name and included a public apology to her family, supporters and sponsors for "any embarrassment".
"Her faith which rests not in device or creed will see her through this dark period," said the OTM Tuesday.
"Due to her determination to vigorously pursue the clearing of her name, she will desist from being vocal, suffice it to say, while not accepting guilt of willfully taking a banned substance, she wholeheartedly apologises to her family, Jamaica, her sponsors, the governing body, the world athletics family, her supporters, as well as those she worked with in various non-athletic causes for any embarrassment and or hurt this devastating news has caused."
OTM's release follows a statement from the Jamaica Athletics Administration Association (JAAA) Tuesday afternoon confirming that the Jamaican sprinter was suspended from competition pending the findings of a disciplinary panel that will hear her case." ...
- State Department confirms resumption of migration talks with Havana
- Kate Upton and Cameron Diaz take Cuban lunch break on “The Other Woman”
- Gay and prouder in Cuba
- Talks with US to resume postal service are satisfactory Cuba
- U.S. and Cuba Agree to Resume Migration Talks
- Uttarakhand Tourism Minister expresses concern over bad weather conditions
- Tourism Protests Keep New Luxor Governor Away in Egypt
- Tourism Minister announces new campaign to promote Himalayas
- A terrorist as governor in Egypt ICTP releases a statement on the resignation of Egypts minister of tourism
- Officials delighted with changes to Nevada tourism website
- Three B.C. seniors graduate high school — over half a century later
- Chinese tourists abuse of dying dolphin creates wave of public outrage
- Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies of heart attack in Italy aged 51
- Can middle aged women handle the crop
- Two-fifths of U.S. adults care for sick elderly relatives
- Will Johnny Depp retire after 60
- Pope John Paul II closer to sainthood after second miracle approved
- Alcohol more dangerous than weed Miley Cyrus
- People not letting Lisa Snowdon forget about times with George Clooney
- Cheryl Cole named star with tattiest tattoos
- Dalian Wanda Group to buy UK yacht maker and hotel property
- Spain urged to pursue further reforms to generate growth and jobs
- Females prefer biological fitness than other traits in potential mates
- Johnny Depp opens up about vision problem
- Study explains why appetizers matter more when youre dining out with friends
- Lundbeck and several drug firms fined for pact to delay generic drugs
- Females prefer biological fitness than other traits in potential mates
- Gooey secret of naked moles rats cancer resistance discovered
- High-fructose diet could lead to liver damage
- UN iLanceti journal to hold meeting on AIDS response and global health
- US president plans talks with Russia on reducing nuclear weapons
- Afghanistan to shun US peace talks with Taliban
- Kim Jong-un on 'luxury yacht' in North Korea
- Eight UN aid workers among 15 dead in Somalia militant attack
- Obama wife and daughters take walk in Wicklow Mountains National Park
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Jamaican Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Veronica Campbell-Brown denies knowingly taking drug
- Sports Briefing | Track and Field Blake Out of Jamaican Track Nationals
- Jamaican track and field under a cloud
- Injured Blake out of Jamaica track and field trials
- Gadgets Share content wirelessly with Kingstons MobileLite