West Indies batsman Dwayne Smith will lead the West Indies A team against Sri Lanka A in two Twenty20 matches this week at Arnos Vale here. Smith, a prolific scorer in the just ended Indian Premier League (IPL), is one of four members of the West Indies World T20 champion team named in the regional A team for the series, reports CMC. The others are Lendl Simmons, allrounder Andre Russell, and ...
Doug Gillon However, Jamaican media last week revealed that she has tested positive for a notorious agent used to mask performance-enhancing drugs. Sentence is expected this week, but given the doping code's imposition of strict liability on an athlete for whatever they have in their system, there can be but one outcome – a two-year suspension which would focus most unwelcome ...
The Olympic 200-meter winner Veronica Campbell Brown of Jamaica is serving a suspension while antidoping officials rule on a recent positive drug test. Her manager said Campbell Brown was ...
Jamaica's Yohan Blake celebrates as he won the men's 100m race during the Weltklasse Diamond League meeting in Zurich August 30, 2012. REUTERS/Pascal ...
Jamaica Olympic double sprint silver medallist Yohan Blake will only run the 100 metres at the world championships in Moscow after he withdrew from this weekend's Jamaican national titles.Blake suffered a hamstring injury in April and due to fitness issues was withdrawn from the Jamaican championships.He automatically qualified for the 100m in Moscow because he is the defending champion ...
30°C Scattered Clouds
Winds: From the SE at 18 MPH
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
Either Im getting worn down or else the Twilight movies are getting better, as Eclipse, the third entry in the four-part series based on the best-selling novels by Stephenie Meyer, is easily the best so far, and not just in comparison to the previous entries. Per ... ...
Jamaica Jamaica's two-time Olympic 200 metres champion Veronica Campbell-Brown has been suspended by her national federation following a positive test for a banned diuretic at a meeting last month."The Jamaican Athletics Administrative Association (JAAA) can now confirm that a case concerning Mrs Veronica Campbell-Brown is currently ongoing," the Jamaican governing body said in ...
Woodbine, who has played for such clubs as Charleston Battery and Finnish pair VPS and HJK Helsinki, is currently contracted to Jamaican club Reno FC where he began his career back in ...
Jamaican national teamer O'Brian Woodbine has a chance at becoming a member of the D.C. United, according to the player's Twitter feed. Woodbine, who has played Stateside with USL PRO side Charleston Battery in 2009 and 2010, tweeted Tuesday that he was with D.C. for a four-day ...
By Alwyn Scott and Tim Hepher PARIS (Reuters) - Boeing launched a larger version of its flagship Dreamliner aircraft at the Paris Airshow on Tuesday, intensifying ...
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A nasty situation is taking over several homes in Queens. Raw sewage is now backing up and flooding basements in the Jamaica section. Residents are upset and angry and wondering why and how this is happening. "I'm so tired, two nights, two days, no sleeping," a resident said. People in this neighborhood in Jamaica have been trying to keep up with the dirty ...
On the record
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Stamford Grand, Glenelg, Adelaide, Australia
The Stamford Grand is a landmark hotel built on Glenelg Beach, about 11 kilometres from the City of Adelaide. A ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Jamaican TimesJamaican Times – Authoritative News about Jamaica
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Jamaican Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Jamaican news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Jamaican news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Jamaican news, the weather forecast for Jamaican you'll find it all in the Jamaican Times.
From Montego Bay to Kingston, the Jamaican Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
West Indies batsman Dwayne Smith will lead the West Indies A team against Sri Lanka A in two Twenty20 matches this week at Arnos Vale here.
Smith, a prolific scorer in the just ended Indian Premier League (IPL), is one of four members of the West Indies World T20 champion team named in the regional A team for the series, reports CMC.
The others are Lendl Simmons, allrounder Andre Russell, and leg-spinner Samuel Badree who were part of the squad which beat Sri Lanka to win the ICC World T20 Trophy at the R Premadasa Stadium last October.
The quartet will form the main part of the Windies A team when the matches are played Tuesday and Wednesday.
West Indies Squad:
Dwayne Smith (captain), Samuel Badree, Christopher Barnwell, Nkrumah Bonner, Kevon Cooper, Sheldon Cotterell, Shannon Gabriel, Keddy Lesporis, Kyle Mayers, Ashley Nurse, Andre Russell, Lendl Simmons, Chadwick Walton (wicket-keeper)
- US Cuba to discuss renewal of direct mail service
- Four Female Cuban Judokas to University Games in Russia
- President Xi meets Cuban VP on stronger ties
- Cuban womens judo team to compete in Russia Brazil
- US Set for Negotiations With Taliban Who Want Commanders Released From Guantanamo Bay
- American Airlines-US Air merger denounced as “merger of convenience” and anti-consumer
- May tourism up in the Smokies
- Job action by foreign service hurting Canadian tourism industry
- Ethiopian Airlines inaugurates new flight to Seoul
- United Airlines Changes Frequent Flier Program Adds Dollars Spent To Miles
- Elderly Vancouver man dragged by car after thief takes off with his jewelry
- YMCA offers to build operate four Lexington senior citizens centers
- Lexington woman is accused of leaving elderly man in filthy home
- Oklahoma executes man convicted of killing elderly couple
- Gender Ministry to establish Aging Desk
- Kesha likes showing off legs
- Williams jealous of Styles
- Rihanna to seek therapy to get over break up
- Havent heard from Brand post-divorce Katy Perry
- I dont have a home Will.i.am
- College study says students from Ireland indulge in drinking more than others
- Kourtneys motherhood tips to Kim
- WICB president meets regional dignitaries
- Gene mutations linked to severe obesity
- Protests wont interfere with Confederations Cup
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- Rihanna to seek therapy to get over break up
- Way to prevent death of immature ovarian eggs from chemotherapy found
- Smoking alcohol trend dangerous that downing a glass or two
- Exposure to chemical in plastic may increase risk of prostate cancer
- Obama welcomes Iran's election of moderate president
- Widespread anti-graft protests rock Brazil
- No breakthrough in talks between UK and Ecuador over Assange
- Gaddafi's son to stand trial in Libya in August
- Shenzen to be first Chinese city to begin carbon trading
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Jamaican Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Smith to lead Windies A in T20s against Sri Lanka A
- Jamaicas doping record demands we be sceptical ahead of Glasgow 2014
- Sports Briefing | Track and Field Jamaican Sprinter Suspended Over Drug Test
- Blake out of Jamaican champs to run just 100 metres at worlds
- Athletics Yohan Blake withdraws from Jamaican national championships