West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) president Dave Cameron says "character and focus" are the main factors that have driven West Indies middle order batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul to reach the milestone of 300 first class matches. The 38-year-old achieved the rare feat appearing for Derbyshire against Sussex in the English County championship, reports CMC. "On behalf of the Board of Directors of ...
The deal: Hotel Principe di Savoia in Milan is offering "The Wonders of Lake Maggiore" package that takes guests through the Lombardy region and Italian ...
Jamaica dominated the sprint races at the Diamond League meet in Shanghai, with Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce winning the ...
A Holbeach St Marks teenager plans to cut her long red hair to fund a trip so her two-year-old brother who has leukaemia can meet his Jamaican ...
For April vacation this year, the Senior Youth Group from First Church Unitarian of Littleton, went to Jamaica with Amizade, a global service-learning organization. Eight youth and five adults traveled to Petersfield where we stayed with families and learned their culture and way of life, helped at the local schools, and did a public service project. The Senior Youth Group discussed this ...
27°C Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the NW at 5 MPH
pleasant (adj.): 1. Giving or affording pleasure or enjoyment; agreeable. 2. Pleasing in manner, appearance, or other personal qualities. 3. Fair and comfortable. 4. Merry; lively - The American Heritage Dictionary Knowledge is not always a pleasant thing. It is both wonderful and horrible; while opening one's eyes to all that life has to offer, the accumulation of knowledge also sh ... ...
SHANGHAI - Jamaica dominated the sprint races at the Diamond League meet in Shanghai on Saturday, with Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce winning the women's 100 meters and Warren Weir capturing gold in the men's 200.Fraser-Pryce, a two-time Olympic champ, ran 10.93 seconds to beat Blessing Okagbare and defending world champion Carmelita Jeter, who pulled up at the finish with an apparent leg ...
Carmelita Jeter of the U.S. grimaces after being injured during the women's 100m race at the IAAF Diamond League Athletics meet in Shanghai May 18, 2013. (ALY ...
Identify this place in Queens Jamaica has seen a drastic decrease in shootings this year. Gun violence went down by more than half compared to last year's crime statistics, according to the NYPD. Councilmember Leroy Comrie attributed the trend to increased awareness about gun violence and active police work. "Everybody is trying to keep the level of awareness constant," he ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hyatt Regency Almaty, Kazakhstan
The Hyatt Regency Almaty is a near new luxury hotel situated in the central business district of Almaty near the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Jamaican TimesJamaican Times – Authoritative News about Jamaica
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Jamaican Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Jamaican news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Jamaican news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Jamaican news, the weather forecast for Jamaican you'll find it all in the Jamaican Times.
From Montego Bay to Kingston, the Jamaican Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) president Dave Cameron says "character and focus" are the main factors that have driven West Indies middle order batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul to reach the milestone of 300 first class matches.
The 38-year-old achieved the rare feat appearing for Derbyshire against Sussex in the English County championship, reports CMC.
"On behalf of the Board of Directors of the WICB and the entire West Indies cricket fraternity, I would like to offer my sincerest congratulations to Shiv on this momentous occasion," said Cameron Saturday.
"His character and focus have helped him to earn this landmark and he should never let those qualities fade away."
Only six men in the history of the game have reached the landmark of 300 first class appearances.
They are Denis Compton, Sachin Tendulkar, Garfield Sobers, Ranjitsinhji, Graeme Hick and Barry Richards.
"He continues to impress us all with his durability and appetite for the game, and we urge him to keep up the good work," said Cameron.
"He is a living, breathing example of determination for any young player and we salute him on reaching another milestone in his illustrious career."
The Guyanese batsman has now scored 22,139 first class runs and has a high-score of 303.
- Cuban ‘Chico’ Hernandez was star of 1938 Bloomers
- Cubana de Aviacion Reinforces its Fleet With a New AN-158
- Endemic Bird Festival to Run Today in Cuban Semi-desert
- Judo Cuba Wins Six Titles in Pan American Cup
- Cuban Projects Tackle Food Sustainability and Climate Change
- Shikaras in Kashmir to promote culture and tourism
- Dubais Jumeirah announces tie-up with Aston Martin
- Saudi airline eyes US Canada after 777 delivery
- A luxury cruise from heaven
- Romance and luxury on the high seas
- 2nd Bronx Suspect In Elderly Mans Chain-Snatching Arrested
- Video China turns to age-old solution for rural elderly
- Film training will focus on issues for aging gays
- Up to 60 people injured after elderly driver ploughs into Virginia parade
- May celebrates bicycles BBQ salads seniors
- Denmark wins Eurovision song contest 2013
- Miley Cyrus swatted again
- Mel C daughters second choice Jessie J comes first
- Rita Oras new album blast from the past
- Sharon Ozzy reconcile
- Did The Oprah Winfrey Show make O.J. Simpson snap
- Hindu temples Bollywood and a Yemeni citys India ties
- The Hangover actor engaged
- Sport picture of the day David Beckham bows out in Paris
- Grace and Mary by Melvyn Bragg – review
- Missile launched from North Korea
- Iraq seeing more violence
- Mobile phones can be tracked says US judge
- Sex assaults convince top general to take action
- Gay marriage can now take place in France
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Jamaican Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Wet Indies board chief lauds Chanderpaul for rare landmark
- Deals Jamaica and Milan
- Sports Briefing | Track and Field Jamaicans Capture Sprint Races at Diamond League Meet
- Help Lennox meet Jamaican grandparents
- Littleton youth reflects on service trip to Jamaica